Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > School News > Miss Hamalis' Bulletin - Looking Forward to the Year Ahead

Miss Hamalis' Bulletin - Looking Forward to the Year Ahead

15 Jan 2024
United Kingdom
School News

Read on to find out how Miss Hamalis, Head of the Junior School, kick started the new year and beginning of the Spring term.

In our first assembly of 2024, I explained to the girls that as we embark on a new year, it is a wonderful time to reflect on the events and achievements that shaped our school community in 2023. Many successful and memorable moments unfolded, and we are proud of the positive impact these experiences had on our pupils and the broader school environment. 

As we look forward to the year ahead, we considered three statements that can guide us in assessing the previous year and setting intentions for the new one: “I made a difference,” “I learnt new things,” and “I grew as a person.” Perhaps you’d like to do this too with your daughter or for yourself. I certainly found this helpful.  

I made a difference.

Encourage your daughter to reflect on her contributions in 2023. Did she engage in activities that positively impacted others? Making a difference, no matter how small, is a significant achievement. Let’s challenge the girls to think of new and exciting ways to extend a helping hand, fostering creativity, fun and kindness.

I learned new things.

Learning is a lifelong journey, and the start of a new year is an opportune time to set goals for acquiring new skills. Whether it’s playing an instrument, learning a new language, mastering culinary arts, engaging in sports or contributing to charity, let’s encourage the girls to explore their interests and broaden their horizons.

I grew as a person.

Growing as individuals involves more than physical changes; although it has been great to see so many of the girls returning to school after the holidays having grown in height. Help your daughter to reflect on her personal growth in 2023. Did she become wiser in decision-making, appreciate her blessings in their lives, strengthen relationships or face challenges with courage? Embracing personal growth is a continual process, and we look forward to supporting our pupils on this transformative journey.

Now, let’s turn our attention to the new year, 2024. What if your daughter wrote a letter to their future selves, outlining her aspirations and goals? Encourage her to dream big and embrace opportunities as they arise. Having goals gives purpose and seizing opportunities fosters resilience and adaptability.

It is such a great idea to set intentions for the year, month, day - whatever you find helpful. I will certainly be taking something(s) from Miss Hamalis' assembly and weaving them into my everyday thinking.

Similar stories

Most read

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech