Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > School News > Miss Hamailis' Bulletin: Responsibility Badger

Miss Hamailis' Bulletin: Responsibility Badger

24 Sep 2024
School News

Monday mornings are always a special time for me, as I enjoy reconnecting with the community right after drop-off. In today’s assembly, we explored the important theme of responsibility, and how the girls can demonstrate this in their daily lives. Our beloved Responsibility Badger, one of our cherished Channing Characters, helped me explain the concept in a way that the girls could easily relate to.

We talked about three key aspects of responsibility:

• A responsibility is something we are expected to do.
  • Being responsible means doing what we are supposed to do.
  • Accepting responsibility means taking pride in our successes and owning up to our mistakes.

I encouraged the girls to practise being responsible by:

• Taking care of themselves and others
  • Owning their actions
  • Fulfilling their duties at home and school
  • Looking after their belongings and respecting others’ property
  • Keeping promises
  • Contributing positively to their homes, school, community, and the wider world
  • Following the Channing Promise, which we revisited during the assembly.

We also reflected on what happens when we are not responsible – whether that means acting selfishly, being careless, or not keeping our promises. Our goal is to help the girls understand how to turn negative behaviours into positive actions, such as offering help to others, being mindful of safety, and respecting the world around them.

If you haven’t already, you can explore Responsibility Badger’s story, along with the other Channing Characters, and learn more about our bespoke Character Education programme on our websiteCharacter Education.

Similar stories

Most read

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech