Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > School News > International Women’s Day: Illuminating the Achievements of Women Worldwide

International Women’s Day: Illuminating the Achievements of Women Worldwide

4 Mar 2024
United Kingdom
School News

Miss Hamalis, Head of the Junior School writes to the community about the importance of International Women's Day - an important day for us all!

As we approach International Women’s Day this Friday, 8 March, I wanted to take a moment to share what I explained and explored with the girls during today’s assembly. International Women’s Day stands as a beacon, illuminating the achievements of women worldwide while advocating fervently for gender equality. It’s a day dedicated to honouring the indelible contributions of women across all spheres of life. This year, the focus revolves around the important theme of ‘Inspire Inclusion.’ It’s imperative for our girls to grasp the significance of this occasion and understand why it resonates profoundly in today’s world.

During our assembly, I delved into the essence of gender equality – painting a vision of a world where traditional roles and expectations cease to confine individuals. I highlighted the critical importance of ensuring equal rights and opportunities for women and men in realms such as education, employment, and political decision-making. By recounting the arduous journey of the women’s suffrage movement, we paid homage to the unwavering courage of suffragettes who valiantly fought for the right to vote, laying the groundwork for our ongoing pursuit of equality. The girls enjoyed watching some of this musical tribute: Bad Romance: Women’s Suffrage to honour these amazing, trailblazing women.

While celebrating progress, it’s essential to acknowledge the persistent challenges women face globally. I emphasised the need for advocating for gender equality every day, not just on International Women’s Day. The chosen theme, ‘Inspire Inclusion,’ resonates deeply as it underscores the significance of fostering an environment where everyone, irrespective of gender, feels embraced and valued.

I encouraged the girls to partake in actions that promote mutual respect and cultivate inclusivity. Whether through active listening or championing initiatives that foster a sense of belonging, each small step contributes significantly to the collective journey toward equality.

I extend my gratitude for your support in our mission to educate the girls about the paramount importance of gender equality and inclusivity. Together, let us continue to inspire and empower the next generation of changemakers.

Similar stories

Most read

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech